Hope for Henry helps children and families confront the challenges of serious illness with innovative, scientifically tested programs that help hospitalized kids adhere to their medical plans and thrive.
The Program Associate is responsible for supporting the program staff in its implementation and management of Hope for Henry’s patient programs being used at hospitals nationwide. The Program Associate will be responsible for everyday office operations relating to programming, and inventory and fulfillment for all Hope for Henry programs. Working with the Director of Finance and Program Managers, the Program Associate will help sustain and grow Hope for Henry’s patient programs.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree. Experience with nonprofits is preferred.
The Program Associate should be an independent worker who thrives in a fast-paced and high-performing environment. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must, as is the ability to maintain organized systems, prioritize, problem-solve, and pay careful attention to detail. The Program Associate should have a positive, can-do attitude and strong work ethic. This job is a great fit for someone who is passionate about an organized workspace and maintaining it on a daily basis.
This job will include any and all duties necessary to ensure the successful implementation and management of Hope for Henry’s programs at our partner hospitals. Among other things, these duties include:
- Fulfill eCommerce platform orders (including packing and shipping all program materials and fulfilling all requests through superpath.org).
- Organize, maintain, and retrieve program materials from Hope for Henry’s storage facility.
- Assemble all patient program materials, ensuring quality control.
- Develop new efficiencies in operations including ordering, shipments, warehousing, fulfillment, and vendor management.
- Manage community volunteers and identify new ways to engage supporters.
- Manage production of all branded materials (one pagers, branded items, thank you notes, procedure game boards, stickers, etc).
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including overseeing mailings; opening, sorting, and distributing incoming correspondence; handling office administration; inventorying, purchasing, and maintaining all necessary office supplies and marketing materials; answering office phone; managing seasonal interns and volunteers; responding to general inquiries; and scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for CEO and managers.
- Maintain, organize, code, and track Hope for Henry program inventory and office supplies and refill inventory and supplies as needed.
- Help coordinate fundraising events and office meetings, including managing invitation lists, coordinating event details, and handling follow-up.
- Receive, inventory, and input all in-kind donations into Bloomerang.
- Track personal expenses and provide timely report to Director of Finance and Accounting.
- Manage gift acknowledgement process to donor and recipient.
- Maintain the Amazon wish list and work with Program Managers.
Note: The Program Associate position will require the lifting and moving of program supplies. Applicants should be comfortable lifting up to 40 pounds.