There are so many ways you can help Hope for Henry make a difference in the lives of kids with cancer and other serious illnesses.
More than 7,500 individuals have donated over $3.5 million to Hope for Henry Foundation since 2003. These tax-deductible donations have allowed us to make a difference in the lives of more than 10,000 children fighting cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
To continue this important work, HFH relies on support from people like you.
The average cost of a Hope for Henry gift is $250. Sponsoring a gift for a child is a terrific way to participate. You can sponsor a Hope for Henry Halloween Party, Superhero Celebration or Summer Carnival for $5,000. Bringing an acclaimed children’s author and copies of his or her books to hospitalized children costs $1,500. At another level of participation, each hospital that the Foundation services costs an average of $200,000 a year.
Donate through our secure platform, Bloomerang.
Give a Gift
You can bring laughter and smiles, hope and magic into the lives of sick children by donating a gift of entertainment. iPads, gaming systems, gift cards, board games, superhero action figures and other toys provide entertainment and necessary distractions to hospitalized children.
With your help, hospitalized children can
- Listen to music instead of the continuous beeping of their IV pump;
- Play a game while waiting for hours for their blood transfusion;
- Watch a movie instead of staring at blank walls;
- Capture and share photographs with friends and family waiting for them to get better and come back home; or
- Keep up with their homework and keep in touch with friends via Facebook on a laptop computer.
Volunteering to help at a Hope for Henry event will not only make a difference in the lives of many children, but will bring you great satisfaction.
If you are interested in helping out, please contact Hope for Henry Executive Director Laurie Strongin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor an Event
Help Hospitalized Kids Have Happy Birthdays!
Kids love birthdays. Before they even memorize their phone numbers or addresses, kids know the date of their birthday. They plan their party all year long – bowling, laser tag, sleepover – and talk constantly about who to invite. While each kid is unique, one thing is for certain, none of them plans to spend their special day in the hospital without friends, decorations or even a cake. That’s why Hope for Henry hosts over-the-top birthday celebrations for kids with cancer and other serious illnesses.
Join us today. Bring Happy Birthdays to Hospitalized Kids.
Support Hope for Henry’s Birthday Program
- Donate $250 for a birthday celebration for a hospitalized child
- Donate a gift card for a birthday gift (amazon, target, iTunes)
- Donate supplies to fill a birthday-in-a-box, including packaged, matching, themed (e.g. Disney Princess, Elmo, Hello Kitty): plates, cups, napkins, party hats, blowers, 3 room decorations, party favors (wristbands, bubbles, etc)
Sponsor a Hope for Henry Event
- Mother’s Day 5K to Make a Kid’s Day
- Hope for Henry Day at the Ballpark
- Hope for Henry Strikes for Smiles Celebrity Bowling Tournament
For more information, please contact Laurie Strongin at email@example.com or call our office at 202.813.3385.
Plan a Fundraising Event
Be a Hero. Plan an event to benefit Hope for Henry in your community. From 5Ks to bake sales; superhero toy drives to birthday box assembly parties, you can contribute to Hope for Henry in so many ways. The only limit is your imagination.
Dozens and dozens of children have encouraged their communities to support Hope for Henry in lieu of birthday gifts, holiday presents or just because they care.
If you have ideas about how to join us in our mission to make life better for the sickest kids, email Laurie Strongin, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 202.333.0460.
Become a Corporate Partner
Hope for Henry welcomes corporate and nonprofit partners to help us serve even more children.
- Consumer electronics manufacturers can donate portable electronics to entertain and distract kids during painful medical procedures.
- Party stores can donate birthday supplies.
- Toy manufacturers can donate birthday or holiday gifts.
- Sports teams can partner with us to visit hospitalized kids.
- Publishers can donate books.
- Corporations and foundations can sponsor events or donate money.
If you or someone you know has access to products that make kids happy, please think of Hope for Henry. If you are looking to invest your money in a nonprofit that makes a significant difference every day, think of Hope for Henry. All donations are tax deductible and are guaranteed to bring a smile to a sick child’s face.
If you are interested supporting Hope for Henry, please contact Laurie Strongin at email@example.com
Support the “I’m a Hospital Hero Campaign”
Hope for Henry’s “I’m a Hospital Hero” Campaign is a three-year, $2.5M effort to support our industry-leading work to reinvent the pediatric patient experience. It’s three areas of focus are:
- Expanding our program to meet needs;
- Ensuring Hope for Henry is built to last; and
- Leading child life innovation.
In year one, we expanded to a new hospital – Sinai Hospital of Baltimore – where we embedded a full-time Child Life Specialist and have already served more than 500 children facing life-threatening illnesses.
We have invested in a research study in partnership with Children’s National to explore the impact of an immersive virtual reality experience on pediatric patient perception of pain.
We’ve raised more than $1.6 million – 66% of our campaign goal which has enabled us to serve more than 18,000 children. With your help, we can do even more.